Thursday, October 8, 2009

Where have all the sellers gone?

Hi Folks. I've been selling on eBay for 10 years, but it's just in this past year that I've been actively and aggressively buying, both scientific and surveying equipment. Things were clipping right along until about a month ago. Then, suddenly, the categories in which I buy (laboratory and surveying equipment) dried up. Where there used to be a dozen or more listings, now there are just 2 or 3, and I haven't made a single purchase in 4 weeks. My question is, why have the sellers in my categories stopped selling? Is there something going on with eBay? Are the sellers leaving eBay for another auction site? Are they holding their wares off eBay until the economy improves? Or is this just a seasonal thing? Is selling always slow in August, and if so, when does it typically pick up again?


Orignal From: Where have all the sellers gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment