Thursday, October 8, 2009

Worried About Ebay's Future

I have bought and even sold some over the last few years so I believe I can speak with some authority. Ebay use to be a great bargain, especially for buyers. I no longer think that. There has been a steady price creep to the point where I want to buy be now just watch the item and never follow through with a sale. Often I have to ask myself if I can get the product cheaper locally. That coupled with high shipping cost is really hurt all concerned. I mainly shop for jeans, belts, boots etc. and the cost are as high or higher than my local thrift store that is booming. My wife still finds good buys in children's clothing but good categories are hard to find. I don't know what Ebay can do about it except perhaps set up express sites where sellers just want to get rid for something and are not trying to make a living from it. I don't see how this would be fair to the seller communities as a whole though. Just my two cents.


Orignal From: Worried About Ebay's Future

No comments:

Post a Comment