Friday, September 11, 2009

ebay telephone number???

Have you ever tried to find the phone # for ebay? The help page says: "Members can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. If you will tell us something about your issue, we can recommend the best method for you." After waiting FOUR days for an answer to an issue, sending followups and getting email in return that said, "We really care....(standard bs) ...etc. We will reply in 24 to 48 hours.", I tried. I searched and couldn't find it, so I finally just logged on to live chat and asked for it. Simple right? Nope. They won't hand it out. But, I said, the help page says, "Members can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. " I found this protective attitude strange, since ebay has a very liberal, one could say loose regard for the private numbers of the members. If you're a buyer or seller, you simply have to ask ebay and they'll give you the other party's number, no questions asked. The first level attendant said, " Believe me if I had it to hand out I'd give it to you".I finally had to ask for a supervisor who after much more discussion, reluctantly gave me the number, however it comes with a PIN that expires if you don't call right away. It's all outsourced anyway, so I found it as great a waste of time talking to the people on the phone, as it was talking to the live chat and sending email. BTW, I'm STILL waiting for a response to a question about FB abuse that I emailed August 20 @ 09:24 AM. EDT "Your question is very important to us and will be treated with our full attention. We understand the need to get your question answered quickly, and in most circumstances we do so within 24 to 36 hours. However, there may be times when it will take up to 72 hours for you to receive a response. To speed up the process, we ask that you do not send in multiple messages about the same issue. " REALLY?? It's now been over 96 hours. Don't call us we'll call you.


Orignal From: ebay telephone number???

No comments:

Post a Comment