Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Malfunctioning Ebay Search Engine is not indexing ITEM DESCRIPTIONS

Currently I have two items listed and up for auction. Last night I tried using the eBay search engine to find items to consider purchasing and see if my items would show up. I noticed that only words in the TITLES of my auctions were being indexed and reported in the search engine results. Words in the item DESCRIPTION were not reported. To verify this type SCHIEMANN into the search box, put a check mark in the SEARCH TITLES AND DESCRIPTION pick box, then click the search button. It will return 0 (zero) items found even though that word is included in my item description. I contacted eBay via email and received a condescending reply that did not address this problem at all. So I called, talked to the eBay representative, and after being put on hold, they came back saying the TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT IS AWARE OF AND WORKING TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM. Question 1 when will the problem be fixed? Question 2 why was this problem not posted on any of the message boards? Question 3 why is eBay messing with the search engine in the first place? Question 4 I want to end my two auctions and I feel I am entitled to a refund of the listing fees what can I do? Question 5 when we will be notified that the eBay search engine is repaired so that we can start listing items and be assured the descriptions will be indexed and show up in the search engine results?


Orignal From: Malfunctioning Ebay Search Engine is not indexing ITEM DESCRIPTIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment