Sunday, September 11, 2011

PayPal Is NOT A Seller Pal

PayPal Is NOT the Sellers Pal
The idea that PayPal is fair and provides protection to both buyers and sellers is false. I sold a very large item as Pick Up Only to a foreign buyer for several thousand dollars. Even though the listing said no PayPal, the buyer convinced me to accept PayPal for payment.
The buyer arranged for a trucking service to pick up the item and I received a receipt from them that the item had been picked up. I thought that was the end of it.
45 days later, the buyer filed a geplaint of non-receipt of the item. PayPal immediately removed the funds from my account.
I sent Paypal all the information, including a copy of the confirmed and signed delivery receipt from the trucking gepany that the item had been delivered to the address the buyer gave me as his USA delivery address.
Paypal granted the buyers claim and refunded his money. Paypal does not accept the idea of Pick Up Only! PayPal does not accept alternate delivery addresses!
PayPal required a personally signed by the buyer delivery receipt at his home address of South Korea, which is the address on his PayPal account. And of course, the only person that could provide this document is the buyer, since he is the one who arranged for the shipping.
As I continued to Appeal the decision and research the paper trail of the shipment of this item, I was able to discover that the buyer had received the item in Korea five days prior to filing for his refund. I was swindled by the buyer and by PayPal.
So now I am spending an enormous amount of time filing geplaints with the Attorney Generals of all the states involved and the The Internet Crime geplaint Center. I believe PayPals policies and practices are arbitrary and capricious, and perhaps even illegal. I am not willing to accept PayPals method of operation.
So, my fellow sellers, be VERY careful when dealing with PayPal.

No comments:

Post a Comment