Monday, September 26, 2011

Salvatore Ferragamo Belt Guide Fake Vs Real part 1 of 3

I am writing this guide to help fellow okayers identify counterfeit Salvatore Ferragamo belts. I have noticed that counterfeiters from all over the world are producing better quality replicas by focusing their energies on the small details. With better replicas, okay deal seekers are now at a higher risk of buying a knock off. I am fully aware that this guide might get in the wrong hands, but am still publishing this guide because I wished there was some sort of reference for me to determine between real and fake Ferragamo belts. So insteadof telling you exactly what to look for, I have used pictures of authenitc and fake belts side by side that clearly show the shortgeings of the fakes; I will also give you pointers on where to look so you can see these shortgeings. I will not describe the details of the flaw.
Again, please use this guide as a reference only and not as a sole means of verifying the authenticity of goods. I take no responsibility on how you use this guide. This guide can not be referenced in any claim (of any sort).
If you like this guide, please vote for me. If you find any flaws please share them, if you like something please tell me, if you think I need to change something please tell me.
So lets get started :
1. Overview of all belt buckles being reviewed: In the above picture the buckle on top of the white bag is fake. The other three are real. Things to look for:
Front Side:
1. Tail of the "o" at the end of Ferragamo (look at the pictures see the details I am leaving out) (tail leaving the top = good || tail leaving in the middle of the "o" or at the bottom or the "o"= bad)2. Size of "__Ferragamo__" engraving with relation to the place and size of object ("__ " means empty space) 2a. It is always centered to the flat portion of the plate (look at the pictures see the details I am leaving out) 3. Look at which parts of the buckle are shinny (chrome finish) or dull (matte finish or brushed nickel finish)
Back Side:
1. Notice what is engraved on the top side of the teethflap (blank or engraving)2. Notice the type of teeth being used (square or pointy) (part the holds the buckle to the belt)3. Type of screw being used (this is not a big give away - minor detail)4. Serial numbers under teeth plate (not all belts have to have this, but the newer ones do)5. Type of pin (the part that holds the belt in the hole) being used (this is not a big give away - minor detail) (Different variations)6. Look at which parts of the buckle are shinny (chrome finish) or dull (matte finish or brushed nickel finish)
The next few pics are close ups.
First set is fake:
For the Real sets : Please view Part II of the guide to see the other bucklesPlease view Part III of the guide to see the belt straps being gepared

No comments:

Post a Comment