Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ebay should let us solve our own neg feedback problems

I sell books on Half.com and on another major site. I just had a situation on the other site where a customer left bad feedback for me without emailing me first to tell me what happened. I emailed her and found there had been a mistake. I immediately paid her back for the book, paid the mailing charges, and let her keep it. She was very nice and removed the feedback. I considered this experience to be pleasant and both helpful to me and my customer even though I lost a bit of money. I would rather satisfy my customer and not get bad feedback which could hurt me a lot more than losing a few dollars on a transaction. This is the way selling works in the real world. Can you imagine if a major brick and mortar store had a permanent feedback sign on the front? They'd be out of business in a week! I think Ebay should have a way for a customer to remove feedback if he or she has a problem taken care of and is satisfied. This would solve part of the feedback problems.



Orignal From: Ebay should let us solve our own neg feedback problems

No comments:

Post a Comment