Monday, July 20, 2009

What is the dumbest thing you or your spouse did?

Okay, I will start. SOme of you had seen my post that I am in a huge de-cluttering mode ~ If I haven't used it, worn it, or even looked at it in a year ~ it's out either via Thrift Store, Garage Sale, or Ebay. Well, my ebay sales have been rather successful. So one of the things I decided to do is to treat my DH and I to a brand new luxurious mattress. The new mattress was to be delivered on Monday morning. So, on Sunday my husband asked me what he should do with the "old bed". I said," pitch it, garbage collection is tomorrow morning. No need to have it lying around for a week". That night we slept in the guest room. As scheduled, the mattress was delivered early Monday morning. I stayed home from work that day, and thought I would get our room in order. For the life of me, I could not find our headboard. Where could my Dh have stashed the king size headboard. After looking everywhere, including the detached garage, for over a half an hour, I gave in and called my DH. HE THREW IT OUT!!!!! Can you imagine? We have a beautiful bedroom set with matching armour, dresser, high boy, mirror, and nightstands. It was not cheap! Why the heck would he have thrown out the headboard? Silly me, I asked him that question. He said "When I asked what I should do with the old bed, you said to throw it out. That is what I did !". I thought he meant the mattress which is what I would imagine anyone else would think. Bedroom set is now discontinued, new headboard is not available and Mfr. can not suggest any other set that compliments it! Isn't life grand? Okay, top that!!!!



Orignal From: What is the dumbest thing you or your spouse did?

No comments:

Post a Comment