Sunday, July 26, 2009

I'm Outta Here (in a few months)

After buying and selling for over 6 years, I have had my fill of Ebay. The cost to sell, in particular, (including the use of Paypal) has escalated to more than 12% per sale (and up to 20% for >$20 sales). I just sold items totaling about $286 (all over $40 each) in final value and the total Ebay/Paypal cost was $34 (12%). The fees that include the shipping charges are particularly onerous. This is what you get with a monopoly-price gouging. The new change to feedback (no neutrals/negatives for rogue buyers) is ridiculous. The requirement to add a shipping calculator is also ridiculous. Now I have to add an additional handling fee or inflate the shipping weight to all sales to keep the total Ebay costs below 20% . Anyway, I will be outta here by the end of this year!!!



Orignal From: I'm Outta Here (in a few months)

No comments:

Post a Comment