Thursday, July 16, 2009

Item sent intact and said to be severely damaged blamed on seller

Within 24 hours of listing a vintage dress, it was bought. I ironed it and sent it as photographed in bubble wrap to the buyer. I have over 2000 feedback, 100 percent positive. I received this e-mail from the buyer: Thank you so much for the very prompt shipping and proper packaging. I appreciate it very much. I love the dress, it is so beautiful and different. However, there are so me flaws which were not mentioned in the description and I honestly think that you didn't see them or else they would have been mentioned. There several holes/cuts in the fabric. I think someone (not you) may have tried to cut out the patterns in the fabric. There are holes large enough for 2 fingers to fit through. Sorry that I am responding so late, but I had to wait for my grandaughter to come from college to take the photos. She has a digital camera and she knows how to upload the photos etc. I don't have a clue. We've counted 82 cuts and holes so far and then we stopped counting. I've attached and sent very large photos to your email I replied to this shocking email that the dress was sent intact. I was a victim and perhaps the buyer was one too. They filed a "not as described" claim with PayPal. I offered to send the next email and the photos which I did not open. PayPal didn't need the info and decided in two days that I had to pay the buyer for these damages. I will send this to PayPal: Dear PayPal, I am very sad about this and will probably discuss it at an eBay forum. For you to think that I would ship an item, given my eBay history, as damaged as is described here is libel. I am truly disappointed in you and suspect malfeasance. I have little trust in you now. I will not open the package shipped. It should not be delivered. The situation is too sick and I would consider it dangerous to open it. I will not bring it into the door and will mark it RETURN TO SENDER or throw it in the dumpster immediately. You have libeled me without any proof. The e-mails of the buyer are very confused. She doesn't even accuse me at first. I must inform other eBayers that you are capable of doing this. A buyer can damage an item and they can receive a refund, sending a useless item back to the seller. Fortunately, this didn't involve much money. There is nothing on my eBay record that would indicate my doing such an act. Your determination is not legal as you know.



Orignal From: Item sent intact and said to be severely damaged blamed on seller

No comments:

Post a Comment