Thursday, July 16, 2009

I didn't think eBay could get any worse but

The new format is for IDIOTS. I buy and sometimes sell items relating to silent film. I recently "watched" a lobby card for a film called SHORT SKIRTS made in 1918 starring a long forgotten actress named Gladys Walton. Now eBay is cluttering up my viewing page with lobby cards with SHORT in the title like SHORT CIRCUIT or SHORT CUT TO HELL which of course have NOTHING to do with anything I could ever be interested in , they also clutter it up with utterly unrelated items involving people named Gladys or Walton. What MORON thought this up. Do to this clutter I will no longer "watch" ANY item and will bid a lot less often. These people are CLUELESS about unusual and rare items especially film or antiques. They think everything is some piece of electronics or book I could find 1000 other places. Why would I buy ANYTHING on eBay if I could get the same thing from Amazon, Target or a "safe" site for NEW products given how much crap I have to put up with here. It used to be such a nice place to meet , buy and sell stuff with people of similar interests but most buyers and sellers I know have fled including the largest film poster dealer in the country who set up his own successful site after eBay screwed him one too many times. There is still a small group of like minded collectors so I can't say I won't buy or sell anything on eBay , just that I won't ever watch anything and will do my best to deal with other sites that cater to people who actually like to interact with other buyers and sellers for special items



Orignal From: I didn't think eBay could get any worse but

No comments:

Post a Comment